I made this for lunch today – it came together very quickly and was super tasty. Both wins in this household! It was inspired by another recipe I had, but I adapted it for what we had on hand.
Skirt Steak & Corn Salad with Lime-Ranch dressing
- skirt steak (4 – 5 thin steaks sliced into 1/2″ strips, or pre-sliced)
- sofrito (I freeze mine in ice trays and I used 2 cubes for this recipe)
- 2 limes
- 2 ears of corn on the cob (you could use frozen or canned corn)
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo (store bought or homemade)
- spinach leaves
- ranch dressing
- Combine first two ingredients in a bowl and squeeze the juice of 1 lime over it. Toss to mix, set aside.
- Boil water for your corn on the cob (if applicable, other wise, cook your frozen or canned corn to warm it up). Boil corn for about 5 minutes and then remove from water. Slice kernels off the cob into a bowl. Set aside.
- Warm a skillet on medium high on the stove, with about 1 teaspoon of oil. Add steak and cook just until steak is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- Assemble a large pile of spinach leaves on a plate. Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of pico de gallo and black beans on top of spinach. Sprinkle the same amount of corn (more/less if desired) on top of pico. Arrange steak on top of corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp of ranch dressing with the juice of one small/medium lime. Divide and drizzle dressing over 2 salads. Serve immediately.
*Steak can be made ahead of time and warmed up just before serving.
What did you have for lunch today?