You know me and you know I like super easy, come-together-quick meals. Mostly because they typically involve less dishes and because hubs turns into Mr. Crabby Pants when he’s hungry so sometimes quick is my best friend.
- 1/2 – 3/4 lb ground turkey
- olive oil (1 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 refridgerated pizza dough (I used Pilsbury)
- 1 – 2 cups sliced roasted red bell peppers
- 1 8oz package crumbled Feta cheese
- Preheat oven to temp according to dough directions (should be 400 or 450 F)
- In a skillet, warm the oil over medium high and add the turkey, oregano and s&p. Cook until turkey is browned.
- Use a large rectangular baking sheet and spread dough out evenly, to all corners and sides. Pre-bake for 5 minutes then remove.
- Add cooked turkey, sliced red peppers and feta on top of dough and place back in oven for 6 to 11 minutes, until edges are browned.
- Slice and serve immediately.
I made this on a weekend, when I was juggling errands, the baby (not literally) and trying to get lunch on the table. It came together so fast I’ve already made it again! I’ve also tried a new version with sweet italian sausage and parmesan – I’ll post it on another day.
For someone other than the hubs, I’d like to add olives to it and do a Greek version!
I kept calling it pizza, but really it is more of a flatbread. Whatever you call it – it is delicious & I can’t wait to make it again & keep testing new versions. What would you top it with?