I found the recipe here. I drooled over the idea. Then I made it. And cut a sliver to try. Then another sliver. I couldn’t stop going back to the kitchen. Little by little it disappeared. Hubs might have also had something to do with that. It’s divine, but not for those who lack the self control to stay away. Being bad never tasted so good.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened at room temp
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy (do not over beat). Gradually add sugar, beating until well incorporated.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined.
- Sift 3 cups of flour. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan and smooth batter with spatula.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
The golden crust on the edges was possibly my most favorite part of all. That, or the fact that it didn’t need any toppings or accompaniments to complete it!